CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Symphony

We went to see the Fort Bend Symphony Orchestra on Saturday night. It was the only free concert they will do all season, so we were glad we got there early! It was held outdoors, in Town Square, so we took a picnic dinner, spread out a blanket, and enjoyed the evening. The weather was remarkably nice! Lily loved the music. She danced during most of the pieces, and always clapped when they finished. Getting her to stay close to us was a challenge, but that was no surprise. The evening reminded me a lot of the Starlight Music Series concerts we attended in College Station that first summer in Texas, when we'd been here about a year. It was so much fun! (Katie, remember the night the concert was rained out!?)

Here's a tiny clip of Lily swaying with the music and then taking off. She's basically running now. Walking didn't last long! I don't know what happened when the video was uploading, it was supposed to be longer than this; but I'm sure Grandmas and Grandpas will still enjoy it, even if it's only 3 seconds.

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

When I saw your title I immediatley thought of the Starlight Music Festival! I loved doing that every Saturday in the summer is was great! We had such a fabulous time listening to the music, eating and just relaxing! I do remember when it rained! Very funny! I miss it. I have never been to any of concerts in the Town Square, I am little nervous to attempt it since I KNOW I would probably lose Gideon since he never stays in the same place twice!

Chris and Kelly Simmons said...

What an adorable video clip!!