CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Gas Range

My oven was leaking gas, so we were faced with a dilemma... A) Buy a nice, new stove that would be something I would pick out if I had my choice; B) Find something less expensive that doesn't have to last toooo long because we plan to remodel the kitchen eventually; or C) Pay someone basically what the range is worth to have them fix it.

Bear in mind that the range was brand new when we moved into our house two years ago. That would make a person want to just fix the stove and keep it, since it's not even that old, right? Not this stove! Oh my goodness, I've never seen a range like mine before. It has two pilot lights under the stovetop that are always burning. The oven temperature is off by 50 degrees. It only has one oven rack. By looking at it, you can just see that it is not very high quality. Nevertheless, it has produced many wonderful meals in the past two years (if I may say so myself!). So while it is not the greatest gas range in the world, it certainly does the job.

We chose option B! We found a great deal on a used gas range, and I couldn't be happier. For the same price as it was going to cost to repair the old one, we got a much nicer gas range. There's a window in the oven door, TWO oven racks, the temperature is only off by about 30 or 40 degrees (lol), the burners are nicer, the knobs are nicer, there's a clock with a timer, and there is NO pilot light always burning! (It's not self-cleaning, but I'll keep that on my wish list for when the kitchen gets remodeled someday.) Sometimes things really do work out nicely! I'll spare you the pictures of my new oven. It's probably not that exciting to the rest of you, just me.

There was some serious frustration with installing this new oven of mine, but Dusty came to the rescue. Thank you, Honey, I love you!

No comments: