CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meal Ministry Success is a Lesson in Faith

The Meal Ministry did a great job with the funeral reception today! Everything worked out just fine, and there was plenty of food - enough that we were able to send extra home with the family, which they were very grateful for. I learned a few things that I'm sure will come in handy in the future, but really the whole thing went very smoothly. I felt so inept at the outset of preparing for this reception, but it quickly became quite clear to me that God had it under control and just wanted me to follow. He had already done the work of inspiring volunteers to serve - all I had to do was give them the opportunity. Funny how things work out so well when we trust Him.

Our church used the month of July to seek God's direction. As a church, as families, and as individuals, we spent the month in prayer, asking God to show us the way. We prayed for direction in all sorts of matters, but the point was that we were not asking for God's blessing on our own plans, but that we were asking Him to lead us so that we would do things according to HIS plan. I prayed those prayers, and I thought and thought and thought about how I would KNOW when he was leading me. I knew He would provide direction, but I wanted to know HOW. How was He going to let me know what the plan was?

I think this funeral reception today was but a small portion of my lesson. God doesn't want me to know all the details, He just wants me to have an open heart. He wants me to LET Him lead me. I can't fully explain how I came to that conclusion, but I did. And I think that's the point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Certain of what we do not see. I am absolutely certain that God has a plan for my life, and I want to follow Him.

No comments: