CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potty Training

Lily started potty training on Tuesday. We're not using pull-ups; I just put her in underwear instead of a diaper. Sometimes tells me she needs to go potty, but most of the time she has accidents and then tells me afterward that she went potty. Sometimes we make it to the potty in time to finish up in the potty. I take her to the bathroom every half hour so she can at least try to go, but it seems like she has a fairly good grasp of whether she needs to go or not. So sometimes I help her sit on the potty and she immediately says that she's all done.

So far she has peed in the potty once and pooped in the potty once. She gets miniature marshmallows when she goes in the potty, so I think overall she's enjoying the whole potty training experience! Meanwhile, I'm realizing that I'm going to need a lot of patience throughout this process. I think we're on the right track, though.

I know it's not like me, but I haven't taken any potty chair pictures. I've been too busy helping Lily to think about the camera, but I'll try to remember. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

Good Luck...sounds like she's doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work Lily!!!

Jessica said...

Potty training... what fun! Good luck!