CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Potty Training Update - And Counting!

Potty training started off with great success the first two days. Then there was a dry spell (or rather, a wet spell) for two days, and back into diapers while Lily was sick for three days. I had very mixed emotions about potty training when we started the day today. I was almost considering holding off for a couple of weeks or maybe months, wondering if maybe Lily wasn't really ready (or maybe I needed to work on building endurance for my patience?).

But then... She asked for underwear while I was getting her dressed this morning, and she was excited about using the potty. Can't really say no to that! She had a few accidents, but she also pooped on the potty THREE times today! I've read that some kids get the hang of pooping on the potty before peeing, but everyone I've talked to has said their kids peed on the potty well before they pooped on it consistently. It doesn't matter to me which comes first, I'm just happy she's interested in learning.

I'm going to have to get more marshmallows! Oh, and speaking of marshmallows - Lily counted her marshmallows when I handed them to her today! Seriously. I held out my hand with four marshmallows in it, and she took the first one and said, "marshmallow." Then for the remaining three marshmallows, she said, "one, two, three," as she took them. And she did it again later on when she used the potty again, so I wasn't just hearing things. Smarty pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Lily!

Grandma Corning