CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Bayou Wildlife Park

All I can say is, "Wow!" Bayou Wildlife Park really was a great adventure! Their brochure describes the park as "a completely natural setting, where a variety of birds and exotic wildlife roam freely through the prairies and woods." We visited the park with our MOMS Club today, and we saw lots of animals right up close.
Just driving into the park was exciting, as many of the animals come right up to your car to say hello. When we arrived at the parking area, we saw the cows and emu through the fences and then boarded our tram. The tram ride was longer than I anticipated, and we were able to feed many different animals from our buckets of food. Lily was very excited to see the animals. She was wide-eyed and quiet when they were right up close to the tram, but if they were just a few feet back she was talking to them and about them.
The buffalo was probably the most surprising animal we were able to get close to, but the camels were the most fun to see up close. The ostriches were hilarious! We saw both ostrich eggs and emu eggs, and there were two baby zebras (are they called calves?). I haven't even listed half the animals we saw today, and I really think this is a park you have to experience for yourself to appreciate how much fun it was. After the tram ride, we visited the petting zoo and enjoyed a picnic lunch before heading home. Lily fell asleep in the car and woke up saying, "Animals? Animals?" I'm hoping to go back again soon so Daddy can join us; maybe we'll plan a trip with a group of friends.
I took many, many more pictures than this, but I thought from these maybe you can see how the animals were not shy at all! I also haven't included all of the different species in these photos - there are too many!

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

Both of my girls have been here as part of their summer daycare field trips, but I have never been. I had not even seen photos until your blog! What a fun place! Maybe we'll have to go sometime.