CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Party, etc.

Our MOMS Club holiday party was last Friday. It's always nice to visit with other moms, and Lily is old enough now to enjoy some of the activities, so this was a really great party! The kids got to make reindeer hats with antlers and scoop up some reindeer food to take home for Christmas Eve. There was a book exchange that we didn't participate in this year, but we probably will next year. Santa came to our party, but Lily didn't want anything to do with him. She gets really excited about Santa when she sees statues or pictures of him, and if she doesn't have to get too close, she likes to see him in person. But the moment she senses that I'm going to try to get her close enough for a picture, she turns into a little leech and will not let go of me. If we sit her on Santa's lap, she melts down in tears instantly. Worse than when we saw Topper at the mall a couple of months ago! It's so funny how some kids are mesmerized, some kids can't wait to talk to Santa, and others are just petrified. In any case, we had a great time at the party.













Here is the back side of Ande giving Lily a hug. Take a peek at Katie's blog for the front side!

I think I'm all caught up with my blogging now... Did you wonder what I've been up to? Well, not really much Christmas shopping, since I got most of that done before Thanksgiving. What I've been busy with is Lily's scrapbook. I've been working on it like crazy in my spare time for the past couple of weeks because I am WAY behind. Part of the problem is that I've always taken SO many pictures of Lily. It is really hard to choose which pictures to put in the book!

I really like the program I use for digital scrapbooking. It's called picaboo; there are hundreds of backgrounds available, and all sorts of page layouts. I don't have the creativity or patience for scrapbooking with paper. My goal for 2009 is to scrapbook as I blog, so I'll get both things done at once. We'll see how that works out!

Well, like I said, I think I'm all caught up with my blogging now, so there are lots of posts today. If you're reading the FeedBlitz subscription email, you might want to click on one of the links to the actual blog to be sure you get all the posts. Sometimes FeedBlitz doesn't list them all when there are several in one day. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

HAHAHA...that is too funny! The backside picture is so cute!