CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

There's a hole in my wall!

Well not anymore, but there was a hole in the wall! Hanging our TV above the fireplace was a little more complicated than I thought it was going to be. As you can see from the pictures (they're numbered chronologically), Dusty and Grandpa Scott had to sand the wall before cutting a rectangular hole. They installed another power outlet and ran all sorts of wiring before patching the hole with new drywall, texturing, and painting it again. Then the bracket was mounted on the wall, and the TV was hung on the bracket. They also set up our surround sound system. A lot of the wiring had to be run in the attic, which is no small task to begin with, but adding the Texas summer heat to the mix made for quite the project!

I am looking for an audio cabinet to put next to the fireplace. I don't want metal and glass, though; I'd like a wooden cabinet. There are lots of pretty audio piers available, but many of them are taller than our mantle. So until I find the perfect one, we still have the TV box keeping Lily away from the stereo equipment.

Oh, I almost forgot! The guys found a Pepsi can inside the wall! How funny to look inside that hole and see something from the early 90's when the house was built. They took a picture, but we couldn't reach it. I wonder what else is sitting around inside the walls...






Lily says, "Thanks for your help, Grandpa! Baby Einstein is much more fun to watch on the big TV!"






No comments: