CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Little Monkey

Lily has been climbing on everything lately! Twice now, she has used a bag that we have as a step to get on top of the coffee table. She just climbs right up there, crawls back and forth, and sometimes sprawls out with her cheek resting on the cool surface of the table (strangely reminds me of Pepper). I've never let her see me watching her do this, since I of course don't want to encourage that behavior, but it's very funny if you can spy on her when she's not looking.
Here are some photos of her climbing on my step-stool (more info about the funny-looking wiring and other background stuff in another post, I promise). Lily is not even a teeny bit afraid of climbing on things, but she seems to be afraid to take her first steps. She's perfectly comfortable walking all around the house, as long as she's holding onto my finger (not hand, mind you, just a single finger is enough to make her feel secure). But the moment she realizes that she's let go of whatever she was holding, she plops down on her bottom. One of these days...

This is just like the stairs - piece of cake!
Up we go...
Hi, Mom!
Oh, did you think I was stopping at the second step? No way, I'm going all the way to the top!
With just a little help, in case I lose my balance, that is.

No comments: