CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recent Adventures

Lily's first crayons - large, washable crayons! She likes to hold onto the very end of the crayon and mark very lightly on the paper. I'm sure that with more practice, she'll be scribbling all over the paper (NOT the walls!) before long.











Look how big Lily is! Much bigger than the last photos or video you saw of her in the swing, right? According to our estimated weighing (Grandpa weighed himself and then held Lily while he stood on the scale), she is about 20 pounds. She doesn't look pudgy with fat little legs anymore; it seems like she's really gotten taller.








Sharing a no-bake cookie with Daddy.







I was recently told that my old Cabbage Patch doll, Chester, really needed to be thrown out - Lily couldn't play with him because he was just too grimy after many years of love. My grandma gave me that doll when I was little, and it was my most favorite toy growing up. I have always thought it would be really nice to pass it on to my own daughter one day, but I was overruled by everyone else. So Lily went shopping with Mommy and Grandma the other day, to pick out a replacement. You should have seen how much fun she had in the baby doll aisle! She was grabbing the dolls, pointing, giving hugs, and pulling them off the shelves. We finally offered her two dolls to choose from (not that she really understood - we just went with the first box she reached for), and she decided on a Cabbage Patch doll named Tami. But then Grandma couldn't resist taking the other one home as well... So now Lily has two new babies. In these pictures, Sally makes a great teether, and Tami is getting a hug. By the way, Lily has three new molars; still working on the top left. I think that makes 12 teeth!




The kids played together for awhile the other day. Lily and Gideon were using each other as supports for standing up and staying stable on their feet, and everyone played with the ever-popular ball popper.

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

I just love the photos! Lily holding her baby is so adorable! It's funny when I look at the photos of the kids playing all I remember is Lily almost falling out into the backyard and Gideon getting his head wacked by the door! haha