CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Perfect Apple Pie

This is my favorite apple pie recipe, and here is a picture of the one I made for Thanksgiving.
6 to 8 tart apples, pared, cored & thinly sliced (approx. 6 c); I use 3-4 large Granny Smith and 2-3 Braeburn
3/4 to 1 c sugar
2 T all-purpose flour
1/2 to 1 t ground cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg
pastry for 2-crust 9" pie
2 T butter

Combine sugar, flour, spices and dash of salt; mix with apples (if apples are not tart, sprinkle them with lemon juice before mixing with the sugar). Line a deep 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for escape of steam; seal. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Yum! Yours looks so pretty and delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll let you know if I try it with any success.

Monica Clark said...

Wow, Jessie--that looks beautiful! I just made a Dutch apple pie on Wednesday! Yum!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.