CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

My Plants

I never would have considered myself to have a green thumb, and really I still don't. But I've gotten a lot better about consistency with my routines in the past year or so, and that has miraculously translated into healthy, pretty plants! They make me think of my Grandpa Jim, so I'm so glad to have these plants.
This was the first one I got... To be honest I was a little nervous taking it home. It had been a long time since I'd had a plant, primarily because the last one didn't do so well. Nine months later, though, I think it's doing great!
I went to our local nursery and asked for something that would do well in my kitchen window. Apparently they chose a good one - it bloomed! I was just tickled pink when we noticed the little flower buds.
My newest plants are these two in front of the house. I'm afraid of gardening in a flower bed because of all the potential weeding, and flowers require more watering than I'm willing to do. But a couple more plants in big containers didn't seem too daunting. I picked out these burgundy planters and once again headed to Enchanted Forest to have them choose plants for me. This time he chose some kind of lily - funny, huh? I can't remember the exact name, but I think they look great. Dusty cut down one bush on each side of the front door to open up the front of the house a little more, and I love how it turned out. The front door is so much more inviting now, instead of guests feeling like the bushes were going to eat them. Hopefully the boxwoods will fill in on the ends; we'll see how it goes this spring.

No comments: