CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread Cookies

This is the first (and most likely only) time I've ever made gingerbread cookies. It turns out that we don't like the smell of molasses. And three out of four of us don't really even like the finished gingerbread cookies, either. Of course Dylan will eat almost anything, so he loved the gingerbread men! I don't know why I don't have a picture of the finished cookies, but they turned out really cute. They were large, thick cookies, and we frosted the whole cookie with white icing and used m&m's for buttons. We just didn't like eating them. hahaha!
I feel like a bit of an unfair mommy when I look at these pictures, though... This is as close as Dylan got to helping with Christmas cookies this year. When Lily was this size, she was right in the thick of it, sitting on the countertop covered in flour from head to toe and loving every second. I just don't know how in the world I could have managed it with Dylan this year... Lily still needs close supervision when she's helping, so I can't help her and have Dylan on the countertop at the same time. And I certainly can't have Dylan helping but not allow Lily to help, she would be heartbroken. So Dylan missed out. I don't think he minds, but I'm a little sad about it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: