CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prenatal Visit - 36 Weeks

I had my very last prenatal visit yesterday, and everything looks fine. I had one day of elevated blood pressure with some swelling in the last week, but things have returned to normal since then so there's nothing to be concerned about. My ultrasound was fun; I saw the baby's face straight on instead of just his profile, so that was cute. My NST was relatively dramatic because of course Dylan wasn't moving a whole lot (he never does in the morning) and there was a different doctor in charge of the monitoring part of clinic. This particular doctor was very conservative and hesitant to use the buzzer to 'wake him up;' so my NST lasted nearly 45 minutes before that doctor was satisfied with Dylan's movement.

My own doctors let me know that if all is going well, I may be able to be discharged from the hospital at the end of post-op day 2, which would be late Wednesday afternoon / evening, instead of waiting until Thursday - great news! We'll have to wait and see how I'm feeling, of course, but I'll probably be happy to skip one night of sleeping in a hospital bed.

All is well, and we're gearing up for the big day!

No comments: