CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Prenatal Visit - 30 weeks

Another normal doctor visit today. Blood pressure is great, no protein in my urine, gaining weight at a normal albeit fast pace. Baby's heartbeat was normal. We did another blood test today, as an extra safety precaution because my blood is Rh-. Dusty and I have the same blood type, so there is no logical reason for any issues with Rh antibodies, but they drew blood today to doublecheck that I'm not developing antibodies. Apparently it's routine to doublecheck even when both parents have the same blood type. I scheduled all the rest of my doctor visits for the remainder of my pregnancy, which makes it seem like it's really almost over. Such a strange feeling! I go back in two weeks for a doctor visit, ultrasound, and fetal monitoring. And after that I'm going back for monitoring every week until the baby's born, but I won't see the doctor every week.

Nurse Laura is back at the OB's office, at least temporarily, and I was so glad to see her today! She is a wonderful nurse, always on top of things. The new nurse who had taken her place wasn't working out, so now Laura is back. I'm pretty happy about it, even if it's not really that big of a deal.

People have been asking how I'm feeling... I feel fine overall. I get tired pretty easily, but I think it's usually because I don't always sleep very well at night anymore. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty well. I have some very mild heartburn, but Tums work fine. Sometimes I have some lower back pain, but a warm bath usually takes care of it. So far so good, this has been a very normal pregnancy!

I've been wondering about nesting. I went through a little hizzy last weekend when I decided that ALL of the baby stuff needed to be out of the attic and cleaned in one day. I got most of it cleaned up and put back together before I ran out of steam that day. Also went on a nursery painting stint and finished outlining one of the characters. Do you suppose I'm nesting? I don't know when it's normal to do that, or how you know when you're nesting and not just getting things done.

At any rate, we only have seven weeks left before the baby will be here! I am so excited! Oh, by the way -- The poll in the sidebar is closed, and we've decided on a spelling. His name is Dylan Randall.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you guys that this pregnancy is going so well! Yep... that has got to be nesting! Take care