CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Meredith's Baby Shower

Our good friends Meredith and Terry are having a baby boy! Emily and I hosted a baby shower for Meredith on Saturday, and it was so much fun!

The invitations had sailboats on them, and one night when I couldn't sleep I was laying awake in bed and I had this cute idea to make a sailboat out of a bathtub and a couple of baby towels. I didn't know how it would turn out, so I enlisted my wonderful husband who built a wooden frame for the sail. Emily and I filled the bathtub with diapers and bath stuff and asked guests to guess how many diapers they thought were in the sailboat - it was fun!

My friend Jessica made this adorable cake.


And we had a little clothesline with onesies and washcloths.

We had lots of fun, and I ate about half the pan of enchilada dip that Emily made!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chris and Kelly Simmons said...

That is such a cute sailboat!You did an awesome job! I'm just going to post here about Dylan instead of on the blog about his shower (Sorry) I am so excited for you and Dusty!! I can't wait to see what baby Dylan looks like!