CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Potty Training Again

Yep, that's the big toilet, not the little potty chair. Hahahaha.... Lily cracks me up.

I decided it was time to work on potty training again. It's been a couple of months, and I'm beginning to feel the pressure of wanting Lily to be totally potty trained (except during the night) before the new baby arrives. Maybe a selfish reason, I know, but Lily has been showing all the "readiness" signs for quite awhile too.

Dusty was out of town all weekend, so Lily and I did nothing but stay home and practice using the potty, starting Friday. She did all right over the weekend, peeing in the potty a couple of times but having lots and lots of accidents. I was beginning to be a little nervous that I was pushing her too fast.

Then today, I babysat for a friend, whose kids are a little older than Lily. They're all close in age, but these two are already potty trained. And they're bigger, so they don't need the little potty anymore - they can use the regular toilet without help.

Needless to say, Lily was very interested in how the big kids used the potty. And then she had an accident in front of the big kids, who promptly announced that "it's not good to go potty on the floor." They said that a few times. The next time Lily needed to go potty, she told me. And she didn't want to sit on her little potty. She wanted to use the big one. And she actually went potty!

Lily hasn't had anymore accidents since then... she's peed on the potty four times so far today. I think she's coming down from her marshmallow sugar high now, while she watches Pinocchio. If we can keep this success going tomorrow, I might have to cut back on how many marshmallows she gets each time she uses the potty! And I guess I'll have to figure out how to get the little potty chair apart to use the small seat on the big toilet. I wouldn't want her to fall in.


I don't know if it was simply the good example from the other kids, or if their negative impression of Lily's accident played a factor. Either way, I'm sure glad I was babysitting today! We'll see how we do tomorrow. Maybe soon we'll be able to venture out in public without a diaper.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Congratulations! I'm glad things seem to have turned a corner!! We haven't started yet, but I may be asking you for advice when we do. :)

Swan Family said...

Being able to venture out without diapers is awesome...You are so on your way girl!!

Sara Gladson said...

Jessie,

I was playing around with digital scrapbooking and started with Lily. :) You can check out the page I made at http://gallery.me.com/saragladson It is the "Digital Scrapbooking" album :)

Sara