CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Picnic

Daddy was working late tonight, so Lily and I decided to have a picnic in the backyard for dinner (Mommy didn't feel like cooking). Lily loved the idea of eating outside. At first I didn't really think she knew what I meant - I thought maybe she was excited about eating dinner and excited about going outside, but that she didn't realize we were doing both at the same time. But I was wrong! She knew exactly what having a picnic outside meant. She helped me spread out the blanket and then carried her food right over to it and took a seat to start eating her dinner. I guess I don't really know why I'm surprised. Lily knows all kinds of things that I don't remember teaching her. She just soaks things up when you don't even know she's paying attention.
Can you see the band-aid on her left knee? Poor kid. She skinned her knee in the driveway last weekend, and it's been healing up ok. But today she tripped and the scab came off, and it actually looks worse now than when it happened the first time. She's a tough cookie though, I think she'll survive. She doesn't like it when I clean it, though, I'm sure it's sore.
After our picnic we went for a bike ride to the playground at the elementary school. Hard to take pictures of that, but suffice it to say that Lily loves to ride in the bicycle trailer. The other day I told her we were going for a ride but then we didn't get a chance to go, and I thought I'd never hear the end of it. Good thing I made up for it today.


No comments: