CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One more rodeo visit

Dusty and I went to the rodeo again on Sunday. We walked around the livestock show for a little while, got sunburned at the carnival, had a funnel cake, and then headed into the stadium where we met up with the Swans and Henleys. It was "Extreme Bulls" night, so the whole show was a bull riding competition. There were a couple of exciting rides, with one bullfighter being thrown in the air. After the competition, the concert performer for the night was ZZ Top.
I didn't really know what to expect from a ZZ Top concert... They're obviously very popular (or at least they used to be, I'm not sure how popular they still are?), but their music was a little before my time. That being said, I've certainly heard a lot of their music, since they were big in my parents' generation. In any case, we enjoyed the concert. It was kind of difficult to understand the lyrics, but in the really well-known songs we at least knew the chorus! Their guitar playing was really fun to see / hear.
We had a great day at the rodeo... Thank you Nick and Kristina for watching Lily for us!

No comments: