CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Faith

My faith has grown in the most amazing way in the past year and a half. While before, if asked about my religious beliefs, I would have responded that I believe in God, I would not have been able to elaborate much. I didn't have a relationship with Him. But then my world changed. Faced with the crisis that we were, Dusty and I needed comfort and support in a much deeper way than we could each provide for the other. We realized that there's something bigger going on in our world than what we could control. So we turned to God. And He was there for us.
Having God in my life has changed everything, and I want to share my joy... So I will be baptized on Sunday after church. I was baptized when I was very young, but I don't really remember it; so I am very much looking forward to this! It does not at all mean that my early baptism was insincere or not good enough. This is simply a way for me to express my faith now, as an adult.
Baptism is an outward expression of something that has taken place in the heart of a believer the moment they are saved. I do not believe baptism is a requirement for salvation. At River Pointe, baptism takes place outdoors, in a baptismal pool. We identify with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection by actually being immersed in the water. Take a look at Romans 6:1-14 for a great explanation of how we are united with Christ through baptism.

2 comments:

grandmabrown said...

I am so proud of both of you and happy you have turned to God. I will be praying for you as you are baptisted on Sunday. God Bless All of You!!

Love Grandma Brown

Lisa Henley Jones said...

Our prayers will be with you on Sunday.