CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mommy's 10K

On February 25th, Daddy, Lily, and Dylan came to watch the parade when Mommy ran her race! The ConocoPhillips Phillips Rodeo Run kicks off the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Parade each year. In 2011, I ran the 5k fun run event, but this year I was encouraged to do the 10k. Running more than 6 miles was a huge accomplishment for me, and I am very proud to have met my goal of finishing within an hour (my time was 59:36!). Many people who run 10k races go on to run half marathons. Not this mom!!! I'm very happy with the 10k. It took considerable effort to get ready for it, and I was pleased with the discipline and consistency it required. But I don't have time to run any more than what was necessary to get ready for 10k. More than double the distance for a half marathon would mean a lot more training time, and I just don't have a desire to do it. So I'll plan on running another 10k race sometime in the coming year!

No comments: