CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fort Bend County Fair Parade

Lily, Dylan, and I went to the Fort Bend County Fair Parade this morning! It was so much fun. It seems like Lily probably should have been to a parade sometime before, but I can't think of ANY other parades I've taken her to, and she didn't really seem to know what to expect before it started. So I guess this was a first for both of the kids! There are quite a few high schools in our county, so there were several marching bands throughout the parade. The kids would dance and clap whenever they heard the music. Lily enjoyed seeing horses, fair royalty wearing tiaras (princess crowns!), and costumed characters like Clifford, Elmo, Mickey, Minnie, and Ronald McDonald. Dylan liked the horses and the fire trucks the most. The parade was pretty long, lasting over an hour. Some of the floats had people passing out advertisement information, but only a few of them had candy. And they didn't throw the candy from the floats like I remember from when I was a kid - they walked along the side of the street, handing it to the kids. But we were right on the curb, so Lily did get a couple pieces of candy, which she thought was pretty neat. I hadn't told her about it ahead of time, so she was surprised. It was a fun morning!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: