CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lily's First Haircut!

Let me interrupt this post for a Blog Update: I'm all caught up on my blogging.  So if you only read the subscription emails, you may want to click one of the links to the actual blog to see all the posts (including some videos!) from the last couple of months.  I did some of them out of order but dated them with their actual dates, so you would not have received an email each time I updated; and you wouldn't have noticed the new ones if you only look at the front page of the blog, either.  So if you're interested, click a link and browse to your heart's content.  Now back to your regularly scheduled haircut photos...

Lily had her very first haircut today! I was sooo nervous! I was afraid she would wiggle in the chair, making the stylist cut it unevenly and then be forced to fix it by cutting it short. That's why we waited so long for her first trim. And I was also afraid that she would lose her curl when we got it trimmed because since her hair has gotten longer, pretty much all of her curls are at the ends.
But she really needed a trim, so off we went to the little kids' hair salon. Lily was such a big girl in the chair, sitting still and looking down when she was asked. She had fun at the salon. The stylist did a great job trimming just a little bit to even it all out and giving her a tiny bit of layering in the back so the curl wouldn't have as much weight. Her haircut turned out great, and the stylist gave her a mini french braid at the front of her hair. Daddy wants to know why Mommy doesn't do that - ha! I don't think Lily would sit still long enough for Mommy to braid her hair!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: