CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dylan Rolled Over!

Dylan rolled over from his tummy to his back! It was last night while Lily was washing her hands after dinner. I laid him down on his tummy, stepped back from him, and he flipped right over to his back as if he'd been doing it for months. And that was it - he hasn't done it again since then! I think he just wanted to show me that he can do it, he just chooses not to. (Does that remind you at all of another child who lives in our house?) Instead, he's been trying really hard to roll from his back to his tummy. He's very close to doing that; he rolls easily onto his side and starts wiggling and stretching, so it won't be long.

Just like everyone always tells me, I'm finding that our kids will do things differently from each other - every kid is different:
Dylan rolled over for the first time on January 26th, two days shy of being four months old. Lily rolled over for the first time in August 2007, when she was about three and a half months corrected age. Dylan weighs 14 lbs 3 oz today; Lily weighed 9 lbs 6 oz when she rolled over. For Lily, rolling over was a big process that she worked really hard at (do you remember the slideshow of pictures I took while she tried so hard to roll?). For Dylan, it seemed easy and he just flipped right over. He's moved right on to trying to roll from back to tummy, while Lily kept rolling tummy to back for quite awhile before she worked on back to tummy.

Here are a couple of pictures I took of Dylan after he rolled over.



An important Blogger update for those of you who read my posts in a Feedblitz subscription:
I learned how to backdate my posts to the dates the pictures were taken (thanks Katie!), so now you won't get an email unless I publish the post right away. So if you're interested in all the posts, you should go to the blog itself once in awhile to get caught up (Dusty I'm talking to you). If you need it, the address is http://corningfamily.blogspot.com/. If you go there now, you'll find a whole bunch of new posts that you never received an email about. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this way keeps things chronological for me a little better - especially since I'm planning to order a "Blog Book" from SharedBook.com! Which, by the way, I'm incredibly excited about! I already received my book for Lily's CaringBridge site, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Our blog can now be our printed family scrapbook too! I'm working on going through all my posts from 2008 to make sure there are photos to go with all my slideshows and videos, since those won't print in the book. I also added posts for January - March 2008, so my 2008 book will include the whole year, even before I started the blog. So you're welcome to go back and check those out too if you're interested - just follow the links in the sidebar. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Dixie said...

Can't wait to see him again

Grandma Dixie said...

he is such a big boy