CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're in Iowa!

Lily and I arrived in Iowa on Friday, November 7th, after a busy morning of travel. We left home around 4:30 that morning, for our 6:30 flight. Unfortunately, the check-in process was very slow that day, and we had to run to our gate after we got through security - they had already made the final boarding announcement. Once on board the plane, we found that there was an empty seat in the middle of our row! I can't tell you how excited I was about that empty seat for Lily's first plane ride. She did well overall on the plane. She alternated between being happy and being antsy, but what can you expect from a toddler? We had a layover in Denver, where Lily was able to run around, and then she fell asleep and stayed asleep for the first part of our next flight. That flight was full, but it was only an hour long, so it was ok to have Lily on my lap the entire time. We landed in Omaha, where Grandma and Grandpa picked us up. We arrived on the day of the first snow of the season; not enough for a snowman, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As I'm sure you're expecting, I already have tons of pictures that I'll be posting periodically while we're here. I managed to leave my own memory card in my computer at home, though, so I don't have any photos of Lily on the plane or at the airport. Use your imagination - busy little girl running all over the place, with her mommy chasing after her.

Having a snack.
On Saturday, we invited lots of extended family to come visit at my mom's house. Lily loved playing with everyone!




Lily enjoyed playing with Taylor. She kept saying, "Baby!"Tickle tickle!
Sharing a snack with the rabbit and Baby Sally.

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

Yeah!!! It looks like you guys are having a great time!!! Say hello to Grandma Jenny and Grandpa Scott for me! Give Lily big kisses!

Chris and Kelly Simmons said...

How long are you in Iowa for?? :D